We have recently needed to expand our team of Support Workers in our four Care Homes and are on the look out for new staff to fill a variety of different roles we have available.
Please see below more details of our Support Worker roles.
Support Worker in a Residential Care Home
Are you looking for a career in care?
Are you looking to change your career?
Are you interested in joining a friendly, lively and committed team?
We may have the job for you!
We are a small family run company with only four residential care homes supporting adults with learning disabilities who lead full and activate lives in their local communities. Our largest home only has 8 residents and our staff spend their working day enabling them to undertake a whole variety of activities.
We do require that you have the ability to drive our small house cars, to transport our residents to their activities. If you do not have a licence please see our other adverts for non-drivers.
(Please read the job requirements below carefully before applying)
Application Deadline: 26/01/2020
- Full time shift work – 36 hours (plus possible optional overtime)
- Part time shifts available – 18 – 24 or 30 hours
- Day shifts available
- Waking Night shifts available
- £9.00 – £9.50 per hour (pay increase pending)
- £50 per sleep in (depending on your shift choice)
- Paid Holiday
- Enhanced Bank Holiday pay
- Paid DBS
- Monthly Pay
- Paid Training
- Staff perks – Refer a friend £200, Birthday bonus £100, etc
- Options to complete Health & Social Care Diplomas.
- Small family run business
- Disability confident employer
- Mileage paid if using your own car for transporting our residents.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Supporting adults with learning disabilities in a small residential home.
- Working on a shift basis which could include weekends and sleep-in duties.
- Transporting our residents to their activities in our small wheelchair adapted vehicles.
- Supporting people with;
– Daily Living Skills and developing independence
– Emotional & Psychological Support
– Personal Care
– Educational, Occupational and Leisure Activities
– Active Support
– Health and Fitness
– Employment and Housing Options
- Experience in social care with the learning disability field is preferred but not essential.
- All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS Check, satisfactory references and a medical clearance.
- A UK Driving licence is ESSENTIAL for this role.
- A good level of English speaking and writing is required and basic maths.
- Please check out our jobs page to see all the details of our current jobs
- Please send us an up to date, comprehensive CV that covers at least your last 5 years of work history and any jobs you have had in care.
- Alternatively please complete our Job Application form.