We are currently recruiting Support Staff to join our team – are you looking for a job in care? Want a change of career’s? Want to work with adults with learning disabilities supporting them to live their best lives? See below what we can offer you!
Support Worker Role:
We are looking for full and part time support care staff who are committed to positively supporting our service users with moderate to severe learning disabilities.
What you can expect:
Annual Salary: From £17,784.00 – £21,320.00
Sleep in Pay: £50 per night.
Weekly Hours: Full-Time, 36 Hours or 24 Hours (12 hour shifts) on a rolling rota.
Location: Wallington/ Carshalton, Surrey
Benefits: Optional overtime, Paid Holidays, Enhanced Bank Holiday Pay, Paid DBS, Monthly Pay, Paid Training, Optional Paid for Diploma in Health and Social Care, £100 Birthday Bonus, Staff and Service User Referral Bonus.
We ask that you have the following when applying for the role of Support Worker:
- A full UK manual driving licence held for at least 2 years.
- Experience preferred but not essential in Social Care Supporting adults with learning disabilities – mandatory training and support is given.
- Offer of employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references for all jobs in the last 5 years and a medical clearance.
- A good level of English speaking and writing is required and basic maths
- The Covid Vaccine (or be willing to take the vaccine) – from November 11th 2021 all care staff working in CQC registered care homes are required by law to have both doses of the Covid vaccine. Proof required.
- The ability to wear PPE and a face mask when on shift – unfortunately we cannot take on staff who are exempt.
During your shifts we ask that you are able to do the following things:
- Work as part of our care staff team supporting our service users with their day to day activities including personal care.
- To help our service users make informed and independent choices whilst following their person centred care plans.
- Promote a healthy and active lifestyle
- Encouraging and supporting independence and social skills in the wider community.
- Participate in a varied range of household tasks such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping etc.
- Achieving the highest possible standards in hygiene practice.
- Support our service users to have access to and receive the healthcare, emotional and psychological support they need.
- Follow instruction from your shift leader or manager where you may be asked to work independently or part of a team.
- Act as a Keyworker for one of the residents and completing their daily care records.
- Transport our services users to their appointments, activities and on day trips in our small, manual, wheelchair adapted vehicles (not mini buses).
- Additional sleep-in’s to help support our Waking Night staff should they need help in an emergency (on a rolling rota).
Loving Care Ltd are a small family run care company with four residential care homes in Wallington, Surrey. Our friendly and committed team support up to 8 residents that have learning disabilities, autism, behaviours that challenge and other complex needs. Our residents lead full and active lives and are encouraged to participate in a vast range of activities in and out of the homes.
We believe that with a person centred approach all our service users can live their best lives whilst being supported within a homely environment and in the local community.
For more information please contact Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org