In November 2019 we undertook our first Staff Satisfaction Survey. The aim of the survey was to see how satisfied staff were across a variety of areas to do with their employment with us.
During the course of our Support Worker meetings we asked staff to fill out our survey so we were able to get a response from 94.6% of our staff.
Here is a summary of some of the results:
• 77% felt that they were very well supported/supported by the management team.
• 54% have said they felt respected with 36% saying they felt very respected.
• 51% said they felt they were listened to all of the time and 51% saying they felt listened to some
of the time.
• 52% were very proud of the service they worked in and 40% were proud of their service.
• 52% have said that the supervision they got was very good with 40% saying it was good.
• 90% said they felt they got enough support and supervision to enable them to do their job.
This is the first time that we have undertaken a survey such as this and overall we were happy with the
We will repeat the exercise at the end of this year, which means we will then be able to make some
comparisons with people’s answers to see if anything has changed in the course of the year.
(This Article has been taken from our company newsletter; The Fountain Flyer, which is shared between staff, service users and families)