We are on the search for both male and female Support Workers for join our small residential care home supporting adults with learning disabilities, Autism and behaviours that challenge
Role: Support Worker
Annual Salary: £16,848.00 – £17,559.36 (£9.00 – £9.38)
Weekly Hours: Full-Time, 36 Hours (12 hour shifts)
Residential Care Home Location: Wallington, Surrey
About the job: Supporting Adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism and/ or behaviours that challenge to live their best lives.
About Us: Loving Care Ltd are a small family run company with only four residential care homes in Greater London. Our team support our service users who have a range of different learning disabilities. Our residents lead full and activate lives in their local communities. Our largest home only has 8 residents and our staff spend their working day enabling them to undertake a whole variety of activities in our homes and in the local community.
A little more about the role:
- Day shifts – 8am to 8pm (Which means only a 3 day working week – this includes some weekends and bank holidays)
- £9.00 per hour (pay increase after probation)
- 1 – 2 Sleep in’s per week paid at £50
- Paid Holiday
- Enhanced Bank Holiday pay
- Paid DBS
- Monthly Pay
- Paid Training
- Staff perks – Refer a friend £200, Birthday bonus £100, etc
- Options to complete Health & Social Care Diplomas (paid for).
- Small family run business since 2004
- Disability confident employer!
- Mileage paid if using your own car for company business. (Although we have our own company vehicles for all our service users we do not expect you to own or use your own vehicle).
- Supporting adults with learning disabilities in a small residential home.
- Working on a shift basis which could include weekends, bank holidays and sleep-in duties.
- Transporting our residents to their activities in our small wheelchair adapted vehicles (Not just to appointments but sport activities, hydrotherapy, trampolining, swimming, aromatherapy, shopping, day centres, clubs, visiting cafes and taking them out and about in the local community). (Must have a manual driving licence for this role).
- Supporting people with;
– Daily Living Skills and developing independence
– Emotional & Psychological Support
– Personal Care
– Educational, Occupational and Leisure Activities
– Active Support
– Health and Fitness
– Employment and Housing Options
- Experience in social care with the learning disability field is preferred but not essential.
- All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS Check, satisfactory references and a medical clearance.
- A manual Driving licence is essential for this role (Held for at least 2 years).
- A good level of English speaking and writing is required and basic maths.
- Due to Covid-19 all staff will be required to wear a mask when in contact with our service users. If you have been exempt from wearing a mask we cannot shortlist you for an interview.
- Please send us an up to date, comprehensive CV that covers at least your last 5 years of work history and any jobs you have had in care supporting children or vulnerable adults.
- For further information please visit our JOB PAGE to see the Job Description and to download an application form.
- Previous Applicants need not apply. Due to the high level of applications we receive we cannot contact everyone who do not meet the requirements.
- Due to the current government restrictions on social distancing we will be holding interviews a little differently during the covid-pandemic. Please expect, if shortlisted, your interview to be either by phone, video chat (such as skype) or held outdoors in the home garden, at least 2m apart from our interview panel.